Two volunteers are selected every year to support the operation CISV Norway’s national office located in central Oslo. They work alongside the National Secretary.
The volunteers will:
– Learn about CISV Norway and the Norwegian not-for-profit sector
– Offer administrative support to the CISV Norway office
– Run a personal project each (the projects will be designed by the volunteers in collaboration with CISV Norway)
– Take an active role in organising CISV Norway’s events at the national and local levels
– Blog about their experience and current peace-related issues
– Contribute to the making of Membership Magazines and Newsletters and further develop communication tools of CISV Norway
– Plan, run, evaluate and document peace education group sessions with the National Education Committee at the local and national levels
– Offer support to local chapters of the organisation
– Actively seek opportunities to get involved at the local level
Project Dates: From 15/08/2018 to 14/08/2019
Application deadline: 01/02/2018.
- Young people aged 18-30 years old.
- Required applicant profile:
– Willing to take initiative
– Comfortable working independently
– Creative and resourceful
– Enjoys working in a team
– Confident working with groups.
- Desired applicant profile:
– Experience as an active volunteer in an NGO
– Experience in CISV or like-minded organisations
– Experience living abroad
– Experience with peace education
– Experience with experiential learning methods
– Interest in organisational development
– Project management experience